Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
http://www.thecoltsfootballauthentic.com/
Colts Roster Cuts: Who were the casualties to bring roster down to 53-man limit? Today is the day. While many of us are enjoying a backyard barbecue or spending time with family and friends Youth Kenny Moore Jersey , 37 Colts players are preparing to begin the search for new work. The Colts made some decisions we expected and some we didn’t. Here is the full recap:WaivedTE Mo Alie-CoxK Mike BadgleyCB Juante BaldwinDT Brandon BanksC Deyshawn BondG Nick CallenderLB Brandon ChubbCB Lashard DurrWR Reece FountainWR Cobi HamiltonWR Steve IshmaelWR Seantavius JonesDT Tomasi LaulileDT Rakeem Nunez-RochesCB Henre’ ToliverG Jeremy VujnovichQB Phillip WalkerCB D.J. WhiteWR Kasen WiliamsWaive – InjuredLB Tyrell AdamsWR K.J. BrentT Tyreek BurwellS Chris CooperS T.J. GreenWR Krishawn HoganCB Robert JacksonS Ronald MartinS Robenson TherezieWR James WrightReleasedT Austin HowardRB Branden OliverDE John SimonInjured ReserveLB Jeremiah GeorgeDE Anthony JohnsonDE Chris McCainTE Ross TravisQuick NotesFirst off is the major surprise release of DE John Simon. Despite Simon being viewed over the offseason as an odd fit in the new scheme, his stellar training camp and impressive play throughout the preseason had most thinking he was a clear lock for the roster. What exactly the reasoning for parting with Simon was, we can only guess, but this one seems a bit questionable to me. In another shocker, the Colts moved on from rookie 5th round pick wide receiver Reece Fountain. Fountain is a player who certainly has the measurables, but didn’t translate into a significant contributor over the course of the preseason. Still, it was surprising to see him cut given the need at wide receiver. He seems like a likely candidate for the practice squad.Jeremy Vujnovich started all 16 games last season for the Colts, yet was unable to make the roster for this team. While this wasn’t surprising, it shows how the group has changed over the offseason. WR’s Steve Ishmael, K.J. Brent, and Kasen Williams all showed promise at various times throughout the offseason Youth Chester Rogers Jersey , but for one reason or another didn’t make the cut. The Colts kept just 5 receivers, and I expect that to be a group in flux as waiver claims go in.T.J. Green, the Colts’ 2016 second round pick at safety was one of the first cuts, and comes as a bit of a surprise, although not an unwelcome move. Green was a pick that former coach Chuck Pagano pushed for, and while he had some impressive traits, his awareness and all-around play was poor. Ballard raved about him early in the offseason, but he simply didn’t show enough to earn a spot with the team. The circus is far from over. With the Colts sitting 3rd in waiver priority and Chris Ballard already demonstrating a tendency toward utilizing waiver claims, this roster is just getting started. Keep tuned to Stampede Blue for more updates.Clayton Geathers moving towards return against Baltimore Ravens Clayton Geathers has been making progress during training camp, and the Indianapolis Colts have been patient while he works his way back from a knee injury. It looks like the patience is paying off. With a second straight offseason spent in the training room, Geathers is on track to make his preseason debut against the Baltimore Ravens http://www.thecoltsfootballauthentic.com...-authentic , barring any setbacks. “Hopefully, hopefully,” Geathers said via Zak Keefer of the Indianapolis Star. “I feel like it’s going well. If that day come, if I’m up, I’m up.”This is great news for the Indianapolis defense, which lacks playmakers at the moment. With a defense that is looking for players to step up, the Colts can afford to be diligent with the talented defensive back. Geathers should not play until his body is 100 percent ready to go, along with his head. One year ago, while making his way back from a neck injury, he admitted to playing timid at times. “It was limited, it was really just getting a feel Womens Margus Hunt Jersey ,” Geathers said. “At times, I was a little scared. I was scared ... just being back, that’s a serious injury. Just going back, I was fine with it, felt good, no problems. That really gave me some clarity.”As it sits, with Geathers and Malik Hooker — who tore his ACL — making their journey back as starters, the Colts have holes in the secondary. TJ Green and Mathias Farley have garnered most of the snaps while Geathers and Hooker are out. In years past, Farley has served as a serviceable backup, but Green — who was drafted as a potential star in the making — has yet to live up to expectations. The return of Geathers, and Hooker for that matter Youth Joe Haeg Jersey , is important in its own right due to the fact Indianapolis has yet to find a star edge rusher to get after the quarterback — which means the Colts must find other ways on the defensive of the ball to generate big plays. With that in mind, Colts head coach Frank Reich is like the rest of the fanbase: Hopeful. “I think we’re hoping he’ll be ready,” Reich said. “I think a lot of it comes down to a confidence, and a lot of it comes down to the player. When a guy’s ready and healthy, sometimes there’s just that last emotional step of, ‘Hey, I’m ready to out there and go full speed for 20 plays or whatever it is.’”